Effective Date: October 1, 2019
SPOT Pet Insurance Services, LLC a Delaware limited liability company (“SPOT”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals (“you” or “your”) who utilize our Offerings (as defined in the Terms & Conditions).
WHAT INFORMATION DOES SPOT COLLECT FROM YOU?
SPOT may collect from you: (i) Personal Information, (ii) Non-Personal Information, including technical and other information. You may choose not to provide us with your Personal Information. However, choosing not to provide certain requested Personal Information, as applicable, may prevent you from accessing and taking advantage of the Offerings of SPOT.
When we use the term “Personal Information” in this Privacy Statement, we mean information about you that is personally identifiable to you, such as your contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, or telephone number), or other personally identifiable information. When we use the term “Non-Personal Information”, we mean information about you but that does not identify you.
1.1 Personal Information
At the time you begin the quoting process, you may be asked to provide us Personal Information including your name, address, phone number, email address so we can create an account for you. Your provision of any personally identifiable information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide the information requested, certain aspects or elements of the Services may not be available to you.
1.2 Non-Personal Information
While you are browsing the Services, we automatically log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, certain other technical information including your browser type and connection speed and your activities while using the Services (such as the pages you visited). When you access the Services from a mobile device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, including IP address, browser type, and device type, and other usage information about your device.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
2.1 Personal Information. SPOT collects personal information solely for conducting its business of marketing, producing, underwriting, servicing and administering its Offerings, including, but not limited to:
- Promoting insurance and pet related products;
- Producing business through its affiliates and producers;
- Complying with the law and statutory reporting requirements;
- To respond to an inquiry from you or address a request submitted by you (including contacting you directly to request additional information to process your inquiry or request);
- To correspond with you regarding the Offerings;
- To create aggregated, non-personal information, or to create de-identified information;
- Business activities that SPOT may legally undertake; and/or
- To enforce our Terms.
2.2 Non-personal Information. We may use any Non-personal Information for any purposes as appropriate and subject to applicable law, since Non-personal Information cannot identify you as an individual. For example, we may use Non- personal Information collected to monitor visitor traffic patterns and Site usage, to improve our Offerings, to customize your browsing experience, to communicate with you, and otherwise to respond to your questions and suggestions regarding use of the Services as may be permitted by applicable law. We may also use Non-personal Information in the aggregate to create summary statistics that help us analyze Site usage trends, assess what information is of most and least importance, determine technical design specifications, arrange our Offerings in a user-friendly way, and identify system performance or problem areas.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We share Personal Information only with our affiliates, service providers and governmental agencies or as otherwise described below (subject to restrictions and limitations imposed by applicable laws, including Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (the “GLBA”):
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates who will provide you with the products, services, and offerings you requested. These affiliates may contact you about their products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our auditors, lawyers or other professional advisors so they can support our business. Like the other service providers, these professional advisors are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- As required or Appropriate by Law. We will disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, including to providing information as required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process or government request; to enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others; to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- Business Transfers. The GLBA and applicable state laws generally prohibit any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing non-public personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, including the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with GLBA and state privacy laws, we are providing you with this notice, which informs you of the privacy policies and practices of SPOT Pet Insurance Services, LLC.
The GLBA further requires that we inform you of your right to restrict sharing of your non-public personal information with a non-affiliated third party for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law. Your right to restrict sharing of non-public personal information with a non-affiliated third party for a purpose that is not specifically authorized by law is called your right to "opt-out" of such information sharing.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any Personal Information that may be collected from you and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us any such information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up to date. You may obtain from us, by email or mail, the information in our records and/or files. If you wish to make any changes to any Personal Information you have provided to us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. You may opt out of receiving communications from us and our affiliates by following the opt-out link provided in any email received from us or by emailing us at [email protected]. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our Sites do not currently interpret, respond to or alter their practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
The Offerings are not permitted for children under 13, and we do not collect Personal Information from children. By using the Services, you represent that you are not under the age of 13. Any information we receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SPOT may reference or provide links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the third-party websites, and you should review the privacy policies posted on such sites. Please be aware that SPOT does not control, nor are we responsible for, the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites.
SPOT employs security systems to protect the information we receive from you from unauthorized disclosure.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
SPOT encourages you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You can tell when changes have been made to the Privacy Statement by referring to the “Effective Date” legend on top of this page. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR UTILIZATION OF ANY SERVICES BENEFITS AFTER THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT HAS BEEN UPDATED (AND AFTER ADVANCE NOTICE FOR A MAJOR CHANGE) INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE UPDATED VERSION OF THE PRIVACY STATEMENT. UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, ANY CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT WILL APPLY IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING TO THE SITE.
USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Our Site is hosted in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are using the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Site, you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Statement.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to SPOT at [email protected]. SPOT may also be contacted directly at the following address and phone number:
Last updated: January 2020
If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to additional rights over your personal information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request, certain rights that include:
The right to request that SPOT disclose:
- The categories of personal information that SPOT has collected about you; and
- The categories of personal information that SPOT has disclosed about you for a business purpose
The right to request that SPOT delete the personal information it has collected from you, subject to certain legal exceptions, for example, when such personal information is necessary to fulfill or comply with a legal obligation of SPOT.
The right to be protected from discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights. If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, SPOT will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information.
You may designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf and make a request of SPOT under the CCPA
To exercise your rights under the CCPA or to seek assistance, please do one of the following:
- If you would like to make a Request to Know, click here, or call 1.844.254.5754
- If you would like to make a Request to Delete, click here, or call 1.844.254.5754
- Fill out and send back to SPOT the attached Request to Know / Request to Delete forms to:
SPOT Pet Insurance Services, LLC
303 Banyan Blvd, Suite 101
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information. SPOT will confirm receipt of verifiable consumer requests within ten (10) days of receipt. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for personal information twice within a twelve (12) month period. SPOT cannot respond to your request if it cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Any consumer with a disability may access this notice by contacting us at the address, email or toll free number listed above.
SPOT Pet Insurance Services, LLC
303 Banyan Blvd, Suite 101
West Palm Beach, FL 33401