What’s In A Pet Emergency Kit?
How To Create A Pet Emergency Kit
Emergency response teams recommend keeping pet information and a pet emergency kit at-the-ready in case of the unexpected. Be it natural disasters, pandemics, or other life surprises, make sure your pet is ready to roll with the punches, too.
1. Contact information for a family member or friend, essentially a back-up who can care for your pets in case of an emergency.
2. An emergency kit tailored specifically to your pet so it’s prepared prior to an emergency situation.
3. Your pet’s collar or harness with ID tag, rabies tag, and leash together.
4. Your pet’s crate, food, medications and extra supplies.
5. Documentation of any medications and supplements with directions on how to administer.
6. Familiar comfort items, such as treats, toys and bedding, which can help reduce stress for your pet.
7. Add a garment or blanket with your scent on it to calm your pet in unfamiliar surroundings.
8. Make sure that the address and phone number with your pet’s microchip are up-to-date and also include contact information for your emergency contact.
9. Save and print your Pet Preparedness Plan. Keep a copy on you or your phone and one with your emergency kit. Also make sure to give a copy to your pet’s emergency contact, other family members or neighbors, as well as your veterinarian.
10. Be prepared for unexpected costs in treating your pet during an emergency by purchasing a Pet Insurance policy customized just for you.
Mysterious Respiratory Illness Affecting Dogs Across The U.S.—Here's What You Need To Know i
What We Know So Far Since mid-August of this year, a new respiratory illness has been sweeping across the U.S. affecting dogs of all breeds and ages. Veterinary clinics across the country have seen an increase in cases of an unidentified respiratory...
What To Do If Your Dog or Cat is Choking
Choking can be a potentially life-threatening situation for pets, and the moment you realize your pet is choking can be incredibly scary for pet parents. There’s no way to know if or when you might find your pet in this situation, so it’s best to be...
Pet Trackers: Everything You Need to Know
We know that your four-legged friend is more than just a pet; they're family. You want to know they’re safe and always well taken care of, and one fantastic tool that can help with that is a pet tracker. In this blog, we'll dive into everything you...
Common Parasites in Pets: Prevention and Treatment Options
Parasites are a common problem that many pet parents face. These pesky creatures can cause a host of health issues for our beloved furry friends, including itching, discomfort, and even serious illnesses. In this blog post, we will explore some of the...
7 Tips for Care After Spaying Your Dog or Cat
Care After Spaying We congratulate you on your decision to get your pet spayed. Whether you’re in preparation or have lingering questions after the procedure, here are some guidelines: 1. Take it easy. Your pet has no clue what just happened, who those...